As a dedicated world traveller—154 countries and counting—Bruce Poon Tip founded G Adventures out of his desire to share authentic travel experiences with other explorers. That was over two decades ago.
As the firm celebrates its 25th anniversary this month, it’s become a global leader in its space, with more than 2,000 employees selling and operating tours, safaris and expeditions around the world. The company also supports sustainable tourism and recently launched five community projects in Latin America to help distribute wealth.
Poon Tip shows us around his Toronto office, a.k.a. “Base Camp,” and shares his business and management philosophy—which, at times, is so far off the beaten path, you might need a guide to join him.
(Photos by Jennifer Roberts)
This article is from the Fall 2015 issueof Canadian Business. Subscribe now!
MORE INSPIRING OFFICES:
- Why You Should Make Yourself More Visible in the Workplace »
- How to Design an Idea Factory »
- How Facebook Canada’s Jordan Banks Manages His Busy Schedule »
- Why No One at Amex Canada Has a Desk to Call Their Own »
- How to Run a Business Across Borders »
What do you think of Bruce Poon Tip’s working habits? Let us know using the comments section below.