When you spend so much time building your business, it’s all too easy to neglect the need to build yourself. And as time passes, you can lose the edge that first led you to success. Are you doing all you can to be all you can be?
Answer Yes or No to each of the following questions.
1. Identify and address your personal strengths and weaknesses with the help of a personal coach or mentor?
2. Record your short-, medium- and long-term personal goals, and have you created a plan to achieve them?
3. Hold yourself accountable for progress toward your goals?
4. Perform at least one hour of vigorous exercise three times a week, given the strong link between a healthy mind and body?
5. Take a management or personal development workshop congruent with your goals at least once a year?
6. Make good use of your commuting time by listening to audio books on management or personal development?
7. Build confidence and an ability to adapt to new situations by regularly leaving your comfort zone through, say, adventure sports?
8. Consult an unbiased third party or use a 360-degree feedback survey to determine how other people perceive you?
9. Believe you have achieved work/life balance?
Give yourself one point for every “yes” response. The higher your score, the more likely you are to become a stronger leader.
Back to the YOUR BEST YEAR EVER Special Report •Download the PDF